Thursday, December 13, 2007

Flickr Discovery Exercise


I'm hesitant to actually setup an account with Flickr, because my personal preference is to use Google's Picassa (here's a sample)- staying with one company's products makes moving around a whole lot easier and avoids providing passwords for multiple times. I use iGoogle as my home page, and my civilian email account is on Gmail. Most things I do on the web can be set up in one place via iGoogle.

But I do browse the Flickr photos at times to see what is there. There are some really good photographers out there! I did a search for "Telecaster Thinline" which was my first good electric guitar purchased in 1974. I was 14 at the time and spent $275 of lawn-mowing funds for the guitar, but couldn't afford the case for it. So I wrapped it up in a blanket and bungee-corded it to my bicycle's "rat-trap" for the ride back from Burlington center to Bedford (Massachusetts). My parents bought me the case for Christmas! BTW, mine NEVER had the mother-of-toilet-seat pickguard. The original was white. I now have a mahogany pickguard on it. Over the years I've changed a lot of the hardware - early 70's Fenders where not great gitfiddles. The pickups died. I've replaced them with DiMarzio and Lawrence humbuckers. The bridge is now a DiMarzio. The tuning machines are Schaller minis. I've also added two switches to split the coils on the humbuckers to get more sounds. Recently the nut cracked -so I have to repair that. But I will never get rid of this guitar!!!

My favorite Flickr search is "Nature Photography". As of this morning, the search revealed 59382 hits. There are some really spectacular photos in here! Modified tags are "Nature and Landscapes", "Beauty of Nature" and of course for fun "Animals".

No comments: