Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Del.icio.us Exercise

This too was a service for which I signed up quite awhile ago, and don't really use that much. Again the main problem for me adopting regular usage is the whole login thing. But, I sort of rediscovered this and have made a point of wanting to visit it more often.
I think of Del.icio.us as a great discovery tool. I can see how many people have a site bookmarked, which is usually the best indication that the site is worthwhile.
I imported my bookmarks initially into this service several years ago. I reimported them today, and had it check for duplicates and not import anything I already had loaded. The import took a REALLY long time, Like say, 20 minutes or so. I didn't time it, so I can't say for sure.
In any case, it was worth it to see some of my recently bookmarked pages come alive in del.icio.us.
I'm a little afraid of sharing too much in this service. There are so many ways to profile people on the internet, whether it be by marketers or other creeps. I will have to look into this a little more before I share my bookmarks with others.

No comments: