Thursday, February 7, 2008

YouTube

NBC, CBS, CNN, YOUTUBE. Youtube is another network. It is amazing, and precious. It is an international treasure. It has changed the world. I have wasted many hours at this site.

Amongst the most useful videos I find are guitar tutorials. There are a host of players uploading little mini-lessons to learn individual techniques or specific songs. In addition, there are clips of the highest pantheon of guitar gods wailing at their best. I've heard that there is an ongoing spat with music publishers who feel that some of these lessons infringe on copyright.

Sometimes things can get a little dicey. I did a search on Kermit because I wanted to see clips of that famous amphibian. Instead I got Kermit the frog's reaction to "two girls and a cup"(WARNING, this video contains explicit and extremely objectionable content, and refers to another video which is beyond the pale of human comprehension - and has been removed from YouTube DO NOT ATTEMPT TO WATCH IT). I'd hate to have to explain this to a Sesame Street aged youngster.

But for fun, there is nothing more entertaining than to sit around on a rainy evening and watch people's pets, mentos and coke experimentation, extreme sporting mishaps, and candid-camera wanna-be's.

No comments: